August 12, 2015

Hola Bohemian Jewellery Tattoos

             I briefly relocated My London Dream to Barcelona to give Bohemian Jewellery Tattoos a spin! What better place to show off the British-based brand’s temporary metallic tattoos than in sunny Spain? Darel Russell and his sister Shar Alexandra first launched the brand in September 2014. I met Russell at a fashion show hosted by London Fashion Kick in April (read the post here) and have been obsessed with the products ever since.

            After I was very kindly sent over the Rihanna collection of temporary tattoos, I knew that packing accessories for Spain would be a no-brainer. There are 13 collections to select from, each containing four sheets of transfers. It’s always a worry to take precious necklaces, bracelets, and fiddly earrings on holiday, in case they are misplaced, lost, or in the worst-case scenario, stolen. Bohemian Jewellery Tattoos provides a creative and unique solution to this problem. All I had to do was pop my packet of temporary tattoos in my suitcase and I was set!

Look One: A Pool of Embellishment

             Whilst on my trip, I compiled three different looks to show how I would wear Bohemian Jewellery Tattoos. (Please note that the necklace tattoo I’m wearing above is taken from the Alexandra collection, while the rest are all from the Rihanna collection). They’re incredibly versatile, especially in terms of where they can be worn or how they can be styled, which means each individual can rock them in their own way. The application process is simple: cut out your desired tattoo, remove the plastic film, place the design on an area of your skin, hold a damp cloth on the tattoo for 30 seconds, and remove! I say 30 seconds just to be safe, but you’ll know once the design has started to lift from the paper to your newly “inked” skin.

Look Two: Gilded Florals


             Bohemian Jewellery Tattoos come in at £16.95 a collection. Sure, there are cheaper alternatives on the market, but when you scrimp on price, you’ll pay for it in quality and durability. Bohemian Jewellery Tattoos are unrivaled in both of these areas, their sparkle and texture creating the illusion of real gold or silver. As well as being waterproof and lasting up to five days, when I tested my tattoos by attempting to scrub them off, they would not budge! While this is great, if you need to remove them quickly, Bohemian Jewellery Tattoos recommends rubbing alcohol or baby oil. However, I found that Vaseline worked like a treat and is a lot less messy (and smelly). Spread Vaseline on the tattoo you would like to remove and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. The design should then disintegrate when you use a damp cloth or tissue to massage the area in circular motions.

Look Three: Blackberries & Coconut, Triangles & Love

             When I was younger, I remember that temporary tattoos were all the rage, but it appears that they are now making a comeback for grownups – stronger, bolder, and more fashionable than ever before. Replacing cartoon characters or silly symbols, Bohemian Jewellery Tattoos add sophistication and distinction to the temporary, while bordering on the realistic.

             Now it's time for you to go and experiment with your temporary tattoos! Purchase collections on the Bohemian Jewellery Tattoos website here or in various retailers throughout the UK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment